7.29.2012

29.07.2012
WOODEN TOY QUARTERLY
I have a subscription to the amazing Stack Magazines which is a service that distributes independent magazines from around the world. Each month I have the excitement of being delivered a brand new magazine which I most probably haven't come across before. If you are into magazines and love trying new things I would definitely recommend giving it a go, visit the Stack magazine website HERE. This post however is based upon my most recent delivery from Stack Magazines which is the beautifully produced Wooden Toy Quarterly.
The graphics of this magazine are one of the best I have come across, the attention to detail is truly something the creators should be proud of. When reading you are not just given large chunks of writing which ensures the readers interest is kept throughout. It was also exciting having a number of items to look through rather than just having the one magazine.
This was the 7th edition of this magazine which happened to be the music edition which I was double excited about. Each edition has a different theme ranging from vintage to collectors to black and white. I definitely will be keeping my eye out on this magazine as I believe it has a lot to offer and really comes across as something that should be collected and be given pride of place in your bookshelf.
 My favourite article within this magazine is shown in the images below and was an interview with Matthieu Bessudo most commonly known as McBess. I absolutely love his illustrations and the interview was interesting to read as it was not one of them *ask the same question and give the same answer for every interiew* kind of things.
 I think McBess is the coolest illustrator I have come across in a while and he even makes music, check out the short video below...
        

No comments:

Post a Comment