6.15.2012

15.06.2012
DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2012
I have just come back from what has to be one of the muddiest however best weekends ever and I have Download Festival to thank for that. With headliners such as Metallica and Black Sabbath I was almost guaranteed an awesome time seeing some amazing live bands. This was my first year going to Download and after going to Sonisphere festival last year I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was. Arriving and setting up camp in the pouring rain was not ideal but we were at freaking Download so made sure that the weather would not get in the way. Even though we were covered in mud from the minute we arrived the weather perked up over the couple of days resulting in me getting a rather sunburnt face on the last day.
Tenacious D, La Dispute, Soundgarden, Refused, Machine Head and Skindred are just a number of the bands which totally blew me away. I would say that anyone who is anyone needs to add seeing Tenacious D live to their bucket list because it was definitely something that I will remember for a long time. Refused and Soundgarden are 2 bands that have just got back together and made their debut appearances in the UK that weekend. I am so glad I was a part of it as these bands exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to see them again at their own gigs. All 3 headliners from the weekend were unbelievable and I didn't think Metallica could get any better after seeing them last year but oh my...The Black Album is just gold. I was so glad the Ozzy was on top form getting the crowd going crazy for Black Sabbath resulting in the perfect end to the weekend. 
(Soundgarden)
(Refused)
(Black Sabbath)
I will leave you with a video from the weekend...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment