9.11.2012

11.09.2012
Reading Festival
Reading festival has to be one of my favourite festivals I have been to this Summer, not only because the line-up was awesome but because it is the one where a large majority of my friends go and the weather was the best it has ever been. The sun shined over the festival as we drank our way through what was a memorable weekend. There were so many amazing bands some of which I have seen before and others that were a new experience for me. 
On the first day of music I couldn't decide between The Cure and The Maccabees and I know some of you may think I am crazy but I am glad I decided to see The Maccabees as they completely blew me away. Their set was totally magical and I know that it is one that will be remembered for a long time. Earlier this day the bands that stood out to me were Cancer Bats, Touche Amore and Foster The People all of which managed to capture the crowd.
On the Saturday the headliner was Kasabian, I don't tend to listen to this band but my oh my they have totally turned me into a fan. I didn't realise but I actually knew every song of their set and it was just a great laugh to chill and dance away at the back and just really enjoy the moment. Mastodon were a great band to see that day, they just did their own thing and that is something I admire. 
However the most exciting part of this day was the secret set from Green Day. There had been a lot of rumours flying around and so therefore I thought I would play it safe and  try and be in the arena as soon as it opened. Little did I know that the set was to start at 11 and stupid me I was all the way in Reading town getting breakfast, luckily I had a phone call off a friend to let me know so I ran all the way back and made it just in time before they closed the gates.  Well what is there to say I mean a secret set of a band who would be more likely to headline this festival, of course it was going to be crazy. Billie Joe Armstrong knows exactly how to get a crowd jumping the whole way through a set, the NME tent was rammed with fans and it was just amazing.
The best of the festival was left to the Sunday, I mean Foo Fighters to end the weekend what more could you want? I literally cannot put into words how unbelievable and inspiring this band were, they have to be one of the greatest bands of our time. Dave Grohl interacted with the crowd telling stories and really making the show much more personal. Bringing the set to a close with Everlong and plenty of fireworks topped of my weekend and although Glastonbury is back next year I am sure I will definitely find money in order to attend Reading for my fourth year. 
At Reading this year there seemed to be a lot more brands linking Social Network sites and the festival together in order to promote themselves. An example is shown in the image above where we had our photo taken and then had to tag ourselves on Facebook in order to be entered into a competition. I thought this was quite cool because we were given props to dress up in making the photos look more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment